Plumbing Contractor - Central New Jersey
Michael J. Messick is a Full-Service Residential & Commercial Plumbing Contractor Serving Central New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania
Family Owned and Operated
We are a same day service plumber with 24/7 Live Voice Emergency Operator. Over 30 years experience in repair, replacement, maintenance and new installations of plumbing, heating, air conditioning. Our services include remodeling, hot water heaters, well pumps, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning, faucet replacement, garbage disposals, water treatment such as a water softener, ultra violet lights to eliminate the bacteria from your water, arsenic removal systems, and kitchen and bathroom fixture installation. Fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured for your peace of mind. NJ Master Plumbing License #8963.
Our Plumbing Services include but are not limited to:
- Sewer and Drain Cleaning
- High Pressure Jetting
- Video Pipe Inspection
- Same Day Installation of Water Heaters
- Battery Back Up Sump Pumps Installed and Serviced
- Water and Sewer Mains Repaired and Replaced
- Gas Lines Installed
- Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling
- Appliance Hook up
- Frozen Pipes Thawed
- Garbage Disposals Installed
- Faucets Repaired and Replaced
- Toilet Installation
- Well Tanks Repaired and Replaced
We can provide your home with any needed plumbing repair or service. Our professional technicians will properly diagnose any issues and will clearly guide you step by step through the plumbing service in order to make sure your family is safe and comfortable. Our plumbing repair services include sewer ejector pump repair, faucet repair, water heater repair, garbage disposal repair, repair of failing septic systems and repair of your existing kitchen and bathroom fixtures.
When the temperatures drop below freezing for an extended period, pipes in vulnerable areas can freeze and burst which leads to costly damage. A frozen pipe is always an inconvenience, but it can actually result in a much more serious situation than just a temporary loss of water. By taking the proper preventive steps, you may never need to worry about thawing frozen pipes, or worse, repairing a pipe that bursts when the water in it freezes solid.
Frozen water pipes are a serious risk during very cold winter weather. When water freezes in a pipe it expands and can exert pressure over 2,000 pounds per square inch. This pressure is enough to rupture most any pipe filled with water which provides no place for the ice to expand. When the pipe bursts it will spill several hundred gallons of water per hour, and that equates to thousands of dollars of damage to your home.
Risky Locations: Pipes are most susceptible to freezing when located:
- On an outside wall
- Under a sink on an outside wall
- In an unheated crawlspace
Frozen But Not Burst? Then It's Time to Thaw! In the situation where your pipe is frozen but not yet ruptured, you need to make arrangements to promptly thaw it out. Call 609-466-7971 to thaw your pipes or repair the burst pipe.
During Cold Weather, Take Preventative Action -- Before the onset of cold weather, prevent freezing of these water supply lines and pipes by following these recommendations:
- Call Michael J. Messick Plumbing Heating & A/C to winterize your hose bibs, sprinkler system, and entire house if it will not be lived in during the winter months.
- Check around the home for other areas where water supply lines are located in unheated areas. Look in the basement, crawl space, attic, garage, and under kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Both hot and cold water pipes in these areas should be insulated.
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals out of the reach of children and animals.
- Consider relocating exposed pipes to provide increased protection from freezing. Add insulation to attics, basements and crawl spaces. Insulation will maintain higher temperatures in these areas.
Proudly Serving a 50 mile radius of Lambertville, NJ, including:
Central New Jersey's Hunterdon, Mercer, Somerset, & Middlesex Counties including Annandale, Belle Mead, Branchburg, Bridgewater, Clinton, Cranbury, Ewing, Flemington, Frenchtown, Glen Gardner, Hampton, High Bridge, Hillsborough, Hopewell, Kingston, Lambertville, Lawrenceville, Lebanon, Milford, Pennington, Pittstown, Plainsboro, Princeton, Ringoes, Rocky Hill, Rosemont, Sergeantsville, Skillman, Stockton, Three Bridges, Titusville, West Windsor, Whitehouse Station.
Eastern Pennsylvania's Bucks County including Buckingham, Doylestown, Lahaska, New Hope, Newtown, Solebury, Warrington, Yardley.